The long wait is almost over. Tomorrow morning at 8 AM EST and 5 AM PST, the Vision Pro will be available for order, and it will hit stores on Feb 2nd. There’s still a metric ton we don’t know about these devices, but Apple invited a few folks such as The Verge, Engadget, and Daring Fireball, to preview the headset:
- It’s heavy. Thoughts varied on comfort after a 30-minute session, but all agreed you can feel the heft.
- The on-screen keyboard is usable in small doses.
- You can stand and move, but environments keep you from wandering too far.
- Spatial video recorded from an iPhone 15 looks amazing (best with limited motion).
- Disney has a day-one spatial app in beta with movie Easter eggs.
- No other VR/AR headset compares for seamlessly integrating real and virtual worlds – from camera lag to resolution.
These pre-reviews focus on entertainment so far. We’ll have to wait and see how well it handles productivity and tasks like Zoom calls with your digital persona. I’m sure more in-depth reviews are coming next week. I can’t wait to get my eyes inside these!